Family trips and honeymoon are the most popular vacations that people want to spend in popular countries or the world’s popular Islands. Here I have provided you with the list of best islands to visit if you are a first or second time travelling to an island that doesn’t matter.
Here I will share some best islands for your wonderful and amazing trip that your spouse or family will get remarkably happy and will experience life’s best moments.
The islands Here I am listing are budget-friendly and the money you will spend is worth on experiences you will get.
Without any more discussion let’s start, so here are the best islands you must consider while planning your trip:
- Langkawi Island, Malaysia
- Maldives island, Republic of Maldives
- Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
- Palawan Island, Philippines
- Komodo Island, Indonesia
- Bali, Indonesia
- Frequently asked questions
6. Langkawi Island, Malaysia:
Langkawi island is a group of 99 Islands located 30km off the mainland of Malaysia with a population of 85,588. This Island is also known as the Jewel of Kedah. Langkawi is very popular for its picturesque environment and beautiful jungles.
The Island is also popular for diving activities, eagle feeding, and other sports activities are available there. It’s romantic locations and fun activities make this island good for honeymoon and family vacation.
This Island is somewhat more expensive than others but is worth travelling there.
- Location: Langkawi, Malaysia
- Best time to visit: November to March is the busiest time and all flights and hotel prices are at peak. April to July is the best time as less crowd is there and discounts up to 50%.
- Some Best places to stay: Bella Vista Waterfront Resort(Budget), Alia Residence, The Datai Langkawi(Luxury)
- Activities to do: Scuba diving, Trekking, Cruise, boating, Jet-skiing, etc. and many fun activities.
- Best places to visit: Islands, Waterfalls, Beaches, Wildlife parks, and mountains also enjoy nightlife activities.
5. Maldives island, Republic of Maldives:
The Maldives is a small island located in South Asia in the Arabian Sea with a population of approx 380000. This Island is one of the most beautiful Islands located in the Indian Ocean.
The Maldives comprises many islands for travelling and other activities. It is generally popular as a honeymoon destination as there is the scenic beauty, romantic sunset diving into the ocean.
- Location: Maldives island, Northcentral Indian Ocean
- Best time to visit: No doubt anytime between November to April is best and you will enjoy it a lot.
- Some Best places to stay: LUX South Ari Atoll, Baros Maldives, Lily Beach Resort and Spa, etc.
- Activities to do: Grand Friday mosque, Male fish market, Atoll transfer, Sultan park, etc.
- Best places to visit: Malé Atoll, Artificial Beach, Baros Island, Banana Reef, etc.
Read about which vacation spot is best for you Bali vs Maldives?
4. Perhentian Island, Malaysia:
Striking beaches, Scuba diving, water sport activities all these make this destination so popular. Mainly Perhentian Island is known for luxury villas and for honeymoons. Now it is becoming popular for families and solo travellers due to more options in accommodation at almost any budget.
Perhentian island comprises two main islands one is Perhentian Besar and the other is Perhentian Kecil.
The accommodation is available on both Islands and if you are visiting Kuala Lumpur then you may add this to the list as it is near Kuala Lumpur.
- Location: Besut District, Terengganu, Malaysia.
- Best time to visit: July is the busiest month, and you can visit in the dry season from March to November.
- Some Best places to stay: Abdul’s Chalet, Tuna Bay Resort, Flora Bay Resort, etc.
- Activities to do: Jungle trekking, camping, shopping, Eat out in Kecil, etc.
- Best places to visit: Some best places are Coral bay, Turtle beach, PerhentianKravers, etc.
3. Palawan Island, Philippines:
On the third we have Palawan Island, this Island has got many awards for most beautiful islands but most part of the island is under-developed. It is the largest island of province Palawan. Beautiful beaches, cool weather, and large mountains all these beauties make Palawan Island popular.
Palawan has also the longest underground river system accessible to anyone which is located in st. paul national park. You will see some animal species that are only found in Palawan like mouse deer and bearcat.
In Palawan, what you may find is that in many other islands there is hot weather so people wear bikinis or remove t-shirts and walk around, but in Palawan, this is not taken right as their citizens strictly follow their culture so remember it.
- Location: Palawan, the northern coast of the Philippines.
- Best time to visit: October to May is the best time as it is the dry season.
- Some Best places to stay: El Nido Resorts, Atremaru Jungle Retreat, Zenvea Hotel, etc.
- Activities to do: Scuba diving, Ugong Rock Adventures, Go Pearl Shopping, Swim in Barracuda Lake, etc.
- Best places to visit: Bacuit Bay Islands, underground river, Port Barton, Big lagoon, and many popular places available.
2. Komodo Island, Indonesia:
So in the second place, this is Komodo Island. Komodo island is very well known for komodo dragons, the largest lizards on the Earth. If you are looking for some adventure, picturesque beaches, beautiful mountains and much more then you should include in your package. Komodo Island is also listed as one of the Wonders of nature.
Komodo National park a famous tourist place consists of different species of animals roaming freely also it includes a large diversity of mammals, reptiles, and birds.
This Island has a pink beach, one in seven in the world, there are dynamic locations for scuba diving all these combinations attract tourists. The plus point to visit this Island is the climate. Komodo Island receives the least rainfall so you don’t worry about the weather.
Also, Komodo island is near Bali so it’s easy for you to travel to Bali and other great Islands of Indonesia.
- Location: Near Bali, Indonesia
- Best time to visit: April to December the best time not very hot with calm weather.
- Some Best places to stay: Kanawa Resort, Komodo resort, The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores, etc.
- Activities to do: Hiking, scuba diving, Local cuisine, Milkyway photography, etc.
- Best places to visit: Komodo national park, Pink beach, Padar Island, Flores.
If planning a trip to Bali you must include Komodo island in the package it is worth visiting. Visit for more details about Komodo Island like best resorts, places, things to remember, and must activities to do.
1. Bali Island, Indonesia:
No doubt Bali is the most preferred destination for honeymooners and vacations. You will be surrounded by beautiful volcanoes, also the best beaches with the highest number of species of fish and turtles.
Must read: How to plan your first Bali trip.
Bali is the province of Indonesia with a population of 4,362,000 and one of the largest Islands of Indonesia. Religious temples, large mountains, iconic beaches, luxury resorts, culture, nightlife, delicious food, affordable packages, and accommodation all make Bali the perfect tourist destination.
If you are planning for a honeymoon or vacation in Bali then you must include Komodo island, Lombok island, or any other Island in your package this will make your trip more exciting and worth spending. So, Bali is one of the best Islands to visit with your family or spouse at reasonable packages.
- Location: Bali, Indonesia between Lomkok and Java
- Best time to visit: April to October in the dry season.
- Some Best places to stay: Viceroy Bali, Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, The Oberoi Beach Resort, etc.
- Activities to do: Flyboarding, Rafting, Surfing, Paragliding, Trekking, Flying fish, scuba diving, and many more.
- Best places to visit: Waterbom Bali, Double six beach, neighbouring islands, Mount Agung, temples, etc.
So these were the best islands to visit, the islands listed are budget-friendly and popular tourist destinations. There are numerous Islands where you can visit but your hard-earned money should not be wasted. So plan accordingly and research about the place before booking any trip.
If you are thinking of a honeymoon or family trip to Bali then you can check our packages that are worth spending.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Best islands to visit in November?
Ans: Cancun, Mexico
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
are some best islands to visit in November.
Q2: How large is Bali island?
Ans: It is around 5870km2 you can relate with prince Edward island of Canada which is half of Bali.
Q3: Is Bali expensive to visit?
Ans: In short no, but it depends upon how long you stay there, the type of accommodation you have, and from the country, you are coming so more distance, more flight charges. There are many people who travel to Bali at a very reasonable price.
Q4: What is the cheapest time to go to the Maldives?
Ans: Cheapest time to visit the Maldives is in Monsoon season as in this time flights are cheapest.
Q5: Which Perhentian Island is best?
Ans: Perhentian Besar is best for accommodation, food and other things as this Island is larger than Kecil so you can accommodate in Besar and then visit Kecil.